Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Good Day,

Being in recovery myself, working on 31 years (9/1/980). Over my years of recovery and in becoming a clinician and interventionist I have found that we all are connected and do not live in the process of life and recovery alone. It is my hope that the information my blogs will meet your needs and growth in your recovery and life process. Recovery is not a means to an end or cure, it is a way of life that is real for each of us.


In meeting the needs of individuals, families and as a therapist I have found there ia a patterns of functioning that has become the norm in our lives. It has become so ingrained that we do not recognize this pattern. I have outlined the pattern below and have what all of us are looking for in their lives.

Most People operate from this pattern of functioning:

  • Denial- not what the problem is, but what the real impact or extent is.

  • Rationalization- Excuse making, thinking errors,

  • Avoidance- refusal to take ownership or responsibility

  • Projection- Blame, it’s everyone else’s fault/problem



When what people are looking for In their lives (From the Physical, Mental/Emotional, Spiritual components that make them an individual) are  


  • Safety- Am I Safe, Where and How Am I Safe

  • Acceptance- Being accepted for who I am, Can I accept myself?

  • Connection- Where do I fit in? How Do I Fit in?  Where do I belong? How do I belong?

  • Validation- Simple daily affirmations and sense of peace. Valuing self and others.

I hope that this little tidbit of information peaks your interest and helps to give some further tools for your recovery.



Sincerely Yours;

Marc Baisden, MA, CMHP, CIS

No comments:

Post a Comment